Real or imaginary, these forces hold sway over the Jamestown community and entangle worldly authorities - local chiefs, politicians, aid workers, business people . They are mostly at each other's throats, unable to coordinate even basic social service, leaving the community grossly underdeveloped.
Yet somehow Jamestown still functions. Sure the overcrowding breeds misery in what is one of the filthiest places on the planet. But few inhabitants would prefer to leave. Government and local authorities hold little sway. Jamestown is a place of endless possibilities. Here people say they are free to live their lives as they want.
Hidden amongst Jamestown"s labyrinth of streets and alleyways are memorials and shrines for deities, local and foreign. Churches, old and new, butt up against mosques, spiritual shops, pubs, night clubs, boxing gyms, herbal shops and coffin makers.
stories we’re working on
- Larabanga is 100% Muslim, with no church, gods - Native of Larabanga replies Obiri Boahen
- Nogokpo: Ghana's most 'powerful' shrine bears witness to the reality of spiritual justice (photos)
- Witch Camp (Ghana): I've Forgotten Now Who I Used To Be review – magical sound of the marginalized
- Thief Trapped After Breaking Into Church At Techimantia; Video Drops ews item description
- In Eastern Region: Two persons arrested with human bones
- Tattoo is a taboo; God hates those who wear tattoos — Ajagurajah
- Ritual killing: Teenagers contacted me for ‘pocket no dry’ charm – Priestess
- 18-year-old traditional priest denied admission to Dzodze-penyi SHS
- Ghana Boxing Authority Slaps Richard Commey With 2-Year Ban
- Chiefs want Ga South MCE removed
- Preachers who flaunt wealth on TV influencing kids negatively – Bishop Abedi
- There is juju in the movie industry, I was made a drunkard – Kumawood actress reveals.
- Most youth flaunting wealth are into Sakawa secretly – Ayesem alleges