Real or imaginary, these forces hold sway over the Jamestown community and entangle worldly authorities - local chiefs, politicians, aid workers, business people . They are mostly at each other's throats, unable to coordinate even basic social service, leaving the community grossly underdeveloped.
Hidden amongst Jamestown"s labyrinth of streets and alleyways are memorials and shrines for deities, local and foreign. Churches, old and new, butt up against mosques, spiritual shops, pubs, night clubs, boxing gyms, herbal shops and coffin makers.
- Larabanga is 100% Muslim, with no church, gods - Native of Larabanga replies Obiri Boahen
- Nogokpo: Ghana's most 'powerful' shrine bears witness to the reality of spiritual justice (photos)
- Ga Manye Receives Rousing Welcome As She Returns Home After 5yr Hiatus
- "There's nothing wrong with baptizing in swimming pool" — Kaywa
- 76-year-old prophetess dies as 'dumsor' triggers fire in mission house
- From ‘Sika Gari To Anointed Gari’; Beware! - Abronye Warns
- There's a lot of juju in Ghana music industry – Skrewfaze recounts his experiences
- VIDEO: Agradaa burns her ‘gods’ after seeing the “light”
- 'NO FASTING ON CAMPUS' - METHODIST CHURCH REJECTS GES DIRECTIVE TO WESLEY GIRLS
- Diana Asamoah hot over "Ga people should stop celebrating Homowo" comment