Real or imaginary, these forces hold sway over the Jamestown community and entangle worldly authorities - local chiefs, politicians, aid workers, business people . They are mostly at each other's throats, unable to coordinate even basic social service, leaving the community grossly underdeveloped.
Hidden amongst Jamestown"s labyrinth of streets and alleyways are memorials and shrines for deities, local and foreign. Churches, old and new, butt up against mosques, spiritual shops, pubs, night clubs, boxing gyms, herbal shops and coffin makers.
- Larabanga is 100% Muslim, with no church, gods - Native of Larabanga replies Obiri Boahen
- Nogokpo: Ghana's most 'powerful' shrine bears witness to the reality of spiritual justice (photos)
- Ga Manye Receives Rousing Welcome As She Returns Home After 5yr Hiatus
- God forbid! Ebony’s spirit can’t live in me – Tiisha
- Maame Dokono should deny knowing me in the presence of a spiritualist – Alleged daughter of Rawlings throws challenge
- Boxing punches have ‘shifted’ my brain – Bukom Banku explains why he ‘loses it’ sometimes
- Kokomba warriors kill two antelopes 'suspected to be humans'
- Nana Aba Anamoah says Christians are Hypocrites; takes Religions Organisations to the Cleaners
- Respect your husbands, not only pastors
- Ga Chiefs, AMA organise massive clean-up in Accra
- A Sad Diana Asamoah Kneels Before The Ga Traditional Council After She Was Summoned – PHOTO
- Nungua Traditional Council imposes GHc100,000 fine, five cows, others on radio presenter.